Showing 2019 resultsAuthority record
- Corporate body
The Foster Brothers of the St. John, Québec (now known as Saint-Jean-sur Richelieu) glass factory was bought by the Yuile Brothers in 1878 and renamed the Excelsior Glass Company. In 1880 they moved the operation to Montréal and remained there until 1883. In 1883, they transferred to another location in Montréal and changed the name to the North American Glass Company, incorporated in 1883. The firm operated under that name until 1891 when it became the Diamond Glass Company. Operations were carried on under that name until 1902. In that year, the name was changed to the Diamond Flint Glass Company Ltd. The Diamond Flint Glass Company Ltd. acquired control of the all-important Burlington Glass Works, the Hamilton Glass Works, the Nova Scotia Glass Company of Trenton, Nova Scotia, the Lamont Glass Company, and, through its successor the Diamond Flint Glass Company, additional glass factories in Québec and Ontario.