Title and statement of responsibility area
Adderley Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0,01 m of textual records. - 2 photographs.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first services for the Adderley Presbyterian Church in the township of Inverness, also known as St. Andrew's and South Kirk, were conducted in 1856 but the church building was not constructed until 1873. When the union of Methodists, Congregationalist, and Presbyterian took place in 1925, Adderly Presbyterian Church did not join the union. However, after 1943, they shared the services of a minister with the United Church. The church building was in regular use until 1958 and summer services continued to be held there until 1977. With the building closed, the congregation then worshipped at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Inverness. Unfortunately, due to severe vandalism, the decision was made to have the building demolished in 1982. On September 11, 1983, former members and friends of the Church met once again and held a ceremony at the property where they had erected a commemorative granite marker and fence.
Adderley Presbyterian Church was under the jurisdiction of the Presbytery of Quebec of the Synod of Quebec and Eastern Ontario of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. The Church was governed by the congregation and the church courts (board of managers and session) in co-operation with committees, organizations and societies within the Church, such as the Women's Missionary Society.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on the history of the Adderley Presbyterian Church from 1960 to 1983. It consists of church histories, newspaper clippings, an order of service, and photographs. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Session (1973), and Congregation (1960-1983).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Title based on contents of fonds.
The fonds was loaned for 50 years in 1996 by the Presbytery of Quebec of the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
The classification of the fonds is based on the file classification plan established by Sylvie Côté, ETRC Archivist, for local Presbyterian Church records. Individual churches do not all have records falling in each of the system's prearranged series, subseries, and files. This fonds is an example, as it comprises only two series out of a possible nine.
The documents are in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
1 février, 2016