Austin United Church (Austin, Que.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Austin United Church (Austin, Que.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[ca. 1855]-1968

History

Austin United Church, also known as the East Bolton United Church, was initially of Methodist denomination. It was probably organized around 1855 as part of the East Bolton Circuit, which included Bolton Centre. In 1925, when the United Church of Canada was founded, amalgamating the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches, the East Bolton Circuit joined the Union and was later renamed East Bolton United Church, and then Austin United Church. During the 1960s, Austin United Church was a part of the Mansonville-Austin Pastoral Charge. In 1968, the church was sold to the Butters Memorial Hospital. In 1974, the church building was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. McMaster and moved on their farm. Austin United Church was under the jurisdiction of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada. The church was governed by the Board of Trustees, the Official Board, and the Congregation in cooperation with the organizations within the Church, such as the Women's Organizations.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places