Beebe (Quebec)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Beebe (Quebec)

Beebe (Quebec)

Equivalent terms

Beebe (Quebec)

Associated terms

Beebe (Quebec)

9 Archival description results for Beebe (Quebec)

9 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Wesley United Church Sunday School

Item is a photograph of the Sunday School group from Wesley United Church in Beebe in 1940. Teacher: Bill Elliot. Students: Charles Smith, Norm Stewart, Sammy Bronson, Jim Millar, Doug Cass, and (maybe) Allan Larson.

Wedding on a Parade Float

Item a July 1st (Canada Day) parade float organized by the Wesley United Church from around the 1950s. Included are: Dave Grieve, Dol (Searles) Wilson, Harry Searles, (back) Hazel Laberee, (back), Richard Eryou, (front) Pat Taylor, (front) Marlene (Rediker) Sutton, (front) Della (Rediker) Goodsell, (front) Frances Grieve (Sutherland), (back) Mary Lees, (front) Irene Rediker, (back) Shirley (Hunter) Grieve, (front) unknown Carbonneau, (back) Janice (Denney) Sommerville, (back) Bob Denney, (back) Arlene Ewan, (front) Larry Meyette, (front) Reg Meyette, (front) Myrnie Nutbrown, (front) Ronald Ewan.

Wesley United Church Choir

Item is a photograph of the Wesley United Church choir in Beebe from around 1940. Pictured are: (back row) Jack Lees, Hugh Bell, Bev Haselton, Alton Woodward, (2nd row) Leona Shepherd, Iris Longeway, Dorothy Lees, Muriel Corey, Janie Denney, Marjorie Woodward, Alice Haselton (McHay), Beulah Cass, Jo Wells, (1st row) Mary Lees, Betty Stubbs, unknown, Ruby Berry, Rose Rediker, and Margaret Langevin. Rev. Tom Tyson.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, including the Methodists, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Wesley United Church (Beebe) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC007
  • Fonds
  • 1875-2018

The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, and Church organizations for the Wesley United Church in Beebe from 1875 to 2018. It also provides partial information (minutes, annual reports, etc.) on Graniteville United Church. It consists mainly of minutes, annual reports, correspondence, certificates and licences, and account books. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1875-2009), Legal (1933-1940), Buildings and Property (1876-2014), Financial Resources (1908-2010), Annual Reports (1919-1978, 2007), Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (1879-1992), Orders of Service (1930-2007), Funds (1936-2006), Membership (1876-2018), Historical (1897-2007), Organizations (1901-2016), Committees ([after 1890]-1968), Photographs (1877, [192-?]-1991) and Miscellaneous ([195-?] and after) .

Wesley United Church (Beebe, Que.)