Bridges

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Bridges

Equivalent terms

Bridges

Associated terms

Bridges

98 Archival description results for Bridges

98 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Covered Bridges of the Eastern Townships documentary

Item is a documentary project researched and produced by Barbara Verity and narrated by Joyce Cochrane on covered bridges in the Eastern Townships, produced around 1977. Included in the documentary are images of the covered bridges at Fitch Bay (Narrows), Milby, Capelton, Coaticook (Drouin), Stanbridge East (Monaghan), Melbourne (Creek/Gibson), Highwater (Province Hill/de la Frontière), Gould (Fisher Hill/McVetty-McKenzie), Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley (Rexford), Cowansville (Freeport), Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge (Pike River/des Rivières), and Island Brook (McDermott).

View of Lennoxville from Bishop's University campus

Item is a photograph, taken from the McGreer Building on Bishop's University campus, of Lennoxville from about 1900. Visible is the covered bridge over the Massawippi River on College Street, part of the front lawn and driveway for the University and includes a view of the first Saint-Antoine Catholic Church and the steeples of the Lennoxville Methodist Church and St. George's Anglican Church.

Inauguration of the third Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the inauguration of the MacKenzie steel bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River on 25 May 1903, likely with MLA Peter S.G. MacKenzie in the foreground amongst the gathered crowd. Also visible is a horse and carriage.

Third Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of a man standing in front of the MacKenzie steel bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, probably taken around 1903-1910.

First Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the first bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1847 to about 1882. It was the longest wooden covered bridge in the Eastern Townships. Cords of wood are seen piled in the foreground of the photograph.

Second Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the second bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1882 to 1901, until it was washed away from ice and flooding on April 7, 1901.

CPR #251 freight train

Item is a photograph of CPR #251 freight train in Sherbrooke, going under the Belvédère S. Street overpass. Locomotives 4701-4700-4568

Wolfe Bridge during the Centenary

Item is a photograph of Wolfe Bridge (replaced by the Hubert C. Cabana Bridge), on Belvédère Street North over the Magog River, at night decorated for for the 1937 centenary of Sherbrooke with electric lights.

Results 1 to 30 of 98