Clifton, Township of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Clifton, Township of

Associated terms

Clifton, Township of

41 Archival description results for Clifton, Township of

27 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Education

File contains images of schools and students in Coaticook from the 1910s to 1959. It consists of photographs of the École Gendreau elementary school, the playground at École St-Michel elementary school, and students (largely identified) of École Gendreau, École St-Michel, École Marie-Rivier St-Marc, and the students and teacher (Myrtle Glidden) in front of a one-room schoolhouse in Martinville.

Collection Lucie Gaudreau

  • CA SHC C010
  • Collection
  • 1890, [192-?]-1982

Collection presents some of the commercial history of Coaticook and St-Edwidge-de-Clifton from 1890 to 1982. It consists of a plan for the complexe polyvalent (Albert l’Heureux and Mgr Durand schools) dated 1968 and photographs showing the following:

  1. Ste-Edwige general store and Roland Favreau, ca. 1970
  2. Robitaille Automobiles Coaticook Inc. (previously Garage Bachand Dionne), ca. 1960
  3. Coaticook parade, two men on horses in front of Garage Bachand Dionne, ca. 1940
  4. Bachand store employees, ca. 1955
  5. 8 photos, Canadian Celanese employees, 1974-1978
  6. Joseph Audet Jr., grocery store, Child Street, 1890
  7. Line of Canada `67 trucks
  8. Sports ’72 trailer truck, Department of Health and Well-being
  9. Salle des Érables, 1973
  10. Labourers, Grand Trunk train cars in background, probably around 1920.
  11. Group of unidentified employees outside at Domaine Howard in Sherbrooke, 1981-1982

Busy Bees

The file consists of a digital reproduction of the East Clifton Busy Bees' Cook Book, probably from the late 1970s. The Busy Bees were first organized as a Sunday School class of the East Clifton Methodist (later United) Church for teenage girls.

East Clifton United Church fonds

  • CA ETRC UC052
  • Fonds
  • 1936-1991

The fonds contains source material on the Church's history and the Church's accounting from 1936 to 1991. It consists of an account book, press clippings, and photographs. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Financial Resources (1936-1951), Historical (1969, 1991), Organizations ([197-?]), and Photographs (1991).

East Clifton United Church (East Clifton, Que.)

Edith Bellam's Boys Class

The item is a photograph of the students in the boy's Sunday School class in Clifton, taught by Edith Bellam. Pictured are: back) Lawrence Waldron, Doug Gorringe, (middle) Sydney Gorringe, Herb Rowell, Ellis Waldron, Justin Cairns, (front) George Rowell, and Ben Waldron.

Clifton Sunday School Class

The item is a photograph the 1955-1956 Sunday School class in Clifton. Pictured are: (standing) Nellie Rowell, Marion Bain, Norma Bain, Nancy Waldron, Ann McBurney, Carolyn Dillon, (front) Robin Montgomery, Bob Blair, and Stewart Willard.

Mill and crew

Item is a photograph of a logging mill, possibly belonging to Allie Waldron, and crew located in St. Isidore, also known as St-Isidore-de-Clifton.

Logging Camp

Item is a photograph of Albert Waldron's lumber camp near St. Isidore, also known as St-Isidore-de-Clifton, with employees standing out front. A railway track is visible infront of the camp.

Logging Camp

Item is a photograph of Albert Waldron's logging camp with the lumber workers standing in front of it, located in St. Isidore, also known as St-Isidore-de-Clifton.

Wooden Silo

Item is a photograph of a newly completed wooden silo at Ray Waldron's farm, with to men working at the bottom of the silo, probably in Clifton Township.

Results 1 to 30 of 41