Clifton, Township of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Clifton, Township of

Associated terms

Clifton, Township of

41 Archival description results for Clifton, Township of

27 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Education

File contains images of schools and students in Coaticook from the 1910s to 1959. It consists of photographs of the École Gendreau elementary school, the playground at École St-Michel elementary school, and students (largely identified) of École Gendreau, École St-Michel, École Marie-Rivier St-Marc, and the students and teacher (Myrtle Glidden) in front of a one-room schoolhouse in Martinville.

East Clifton United Church fonds

  • CA ETRC UC052
  • Fonds
  • 1936-1991

The fonds contains source material on the Church's history and the Church's accounting from 1936 to 1991. It consists of an account book, press clippings, and photographs. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Financial Resources (1936-1951), Historical (1969, 1991), Organizations ([197-?]), and Photographs (1991).

East Clifton United Church (East Clifton, Que.)

Edith Bellam's Boys Class

The item is a photograph of the students in the boy's Sunday School class in Clifton, taught by Edith Bellam. Pictured are: back) Lawrence Waldron, Doug Gorringe, (middle) Sydney Gorringe, Herb Rowell, Ellis Waldron, Justin Cairns, (front) George Rowell, and Ben Waldron.

Clifton Sunday School Class

The item is a photograph the 1955-1956 Sunday School class in Clifton. Pictured are: (standing) Nellie Rowell, Marion Bain, Norma Bain, Nancy Waldron, Ann McBurney, Carolyn Dillon, (front) Robin Montgomery, Bob Blair, and Stewart Willard.

Busy Bees

The file consists of a digital reproduction of the East Clifton Busy Bees' Cook Book, probably from the late 1970s. The Busy Bees were first organized as a Sunday School class of the East Clifton Methodist (later United) Church for teenage girls.

Fonds Fabrique Saint-Isidore de Saint-Isidore-de-Clifton

  • CA CAMAR FP007
  • Fonds
  • 1904 - 2014

Ce fonds témoigne de la fondation de la paroisse, de l'érection d'un chemin de croix, de la bénédiction de l'église, de la construction et de la réparation de l'église et du presbytère. Il nous donne également de l'information sur l'histoire et le patrimoine de cette paroisse, notamment sur son 75e anniversaire de fondation, sur sa gestion financière, sur son territoire et sur sa fermeture. Le fonds se compose du décret d'érection canonique, des procès-verbaux des assemblées de Fabrique, des rapports annuels et généraux ainsi que des documents relatifs à l'évaluation et aux assurances. Il contient aussi des documents financiers, de la correspondance, des nominations de curés, des actes de vente de terrains, des plans ainsi que des inventaires de biens immobiliers et mobiliers de la paroisse. Le chercheur consultera avec profit les rapports statistiques, les cahiers d'annonces et prônes, l'album du 75e anniversaire de la paroisse, les notes historiques ainsi que les coupures de presse. Le fonds se compose également de demandes et décrets pour la création de mouvements spirituels et d'associations. Des photographies, un négatif et un bouton souvenir de la bénédiction de l'église complètent ce fonds.

Fabrique Saint-Isidore de Saint-Isidore-de-Clifton

Wooden Silo

Item is a photograph of a newly completed wooden silo at Ray Waldron's farm, with to men working at the bottom of the silo, probably in Clifton Township.

Logging Camp

Item is a photograph of Albert Waldron's lumber camp near St. Isidore, also known as St-Isidore-de-Clifton, with employees standing out front. A railway track is visible infront of the camp.

Logging Camp

Item is a photograph of Albert Waldron's logging camp with the lumber workers standing in front of it, located in St. Isidore, also known as St-Isidore-de-Clifton.

Results 1 to 30 of 41