Showing 915 results

Archival description
Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François collection
Print preview View:

799 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François collection

  • CA ETRC P232
  • Collection
  • 1815-1999

The collection consists of materials collected from various sources by the Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François, located in Eaton Corner. It consists of photographs, largely from the East Angus and surrounding areas, research files, and inventories of architectural heritages in Eastern Townships.

Photographs

The series contains 800 photographs of East Angus and a few other places in Eastern Townships from late 19th century to the second half of 20th century. It includes a wide variety of topics such as economy, education, sport, culture, religion, family and so on. The series is comprised of the following files : Ville d’East Angus, Activités Économiques, Éducation, Pratique Religieuses, Activités Sportive, Récréatives ou Culturelles, Autres Municipalités du Haut-Saint-François, Photos de Famille and Photos Diverses.

Collections

The series consists of collections acquired by the Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François, contains records from 1886 to 1995. It is comprised of the following files: Textual records (1885-[1986?], Russell Brown (1942-[1995?]), Postcards ([190-?]-[198-?]), Cookshire Fair (1928-1988), Committee to commemorate the founding of Bury (1985-1986), Dubreuil family ([188-?]-[191-?]), and Renaud family ([194-?]-[195-?]).

Dubreuil family

The file contains information about the Dubreuil and extended family. Among the identified photographs are the following: Léon Gobeil, Léonne Gobeil, Alphège Dansereau, Édouard Guilbeault, Charles Dubreuil, Eva Tremblay, Joseph et Diane Gaudreau, Alexandrina Généreux, Joseph Dumoulin, Rosilda Bousquet, Catherine Gaumond, Joseph Bouchard, Marie-Louise Gobeil, Édouard Guilbeault, Albertine Dubreuil, Alvina Gobeil, Patricia Gariépy, and Adèle Gobeil.

Committee to commemorate the founding of Bury

The file contains information on the history of Bury. It consists of planning documents from the Committee do commemorate the founding of Bury 1836-1986 and an album of reproduced photographs and some family genealogical information. Included among the photographs are the following families: Francis, Bennett, Crocker, Webster, Murphy, McDonald, Rowe, Downes, Rich, Berwick, Coates, Moss, Hawley, Farwell, Bowright, Ward, Ord, Lawrence, Parsons, Cook, Groom, Joyce, Kirkpatrick, Mayhew, Noakes, Baird, Oldfield, Sharman, Tite, Slack, Asker, Barter, McRitchie, McLeod, as well as Gould Station School, Moss School, Gilbert's Mill, Sharman farm, Brookbury

Textual records

The file consists of textual records collected by the Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François. It consists of the following:

  • letter, from Démérise Rousseau, 1 Feb. 1886
  • Bible and Prayer Union member's card for Mrs. Fred Pope, 1893
  • Proclamation for prohibition plebiscite for the electoral district of Compton, 1898
  • business postcard correspondence, Ingersoll to R.H. Pope, 4 Mar. 1899
  • letter from J.D. Chennissen, 9 Mar. 1899
  • letter, R.H. Pope from Bishop's College School for payment of school fees, 27 Mar. 1899
  • St. Francis Live Stock Association Co. Prize List, held in Cookshire, 12-13 Sept. 1899
  • programme-souvenir, Arena Robert Fournier, 1973-74
  • Cascades kraft East Angus, East Angus news, a promotional history, [1986?]

Postcards

The file consists of postcards (many with messages, including photograph postcards) of the following areas:

  • Coaticook (71)
  • Compton (15)
  • Cookshire (7)
  • Dixville (14)
  • East Angus (4)
  • East Hereford (2)
  • East Clifton (1)
  • Hatley (2)
  • Eaton Corner (3)
  • Echo Vale (1)
  • Huntingville (4)
  • Hereford (4)
  • Island Brook (4)
  • Johnville (3)
  • Lambton (15)
  • La Patrie (4)
  • Malvina (2)
  • Lyster (1)
  • Moe's River (5)
  • Martinville (3)
  • Mont Megantic (4)
  • Notre-Dame-des-Bois (5)
  • Norton (2)
  • Ste-Edwidge-de-Clifton (1)
  • Ste-Marguerite-de-Lingwick (1)
  • Piopolis (1)
  • St-Isadore-d'Auckland (1)
  • St-Malo (1)
  • St-Venant-d'Hereford (1)
  • St-Vital-de-Lambton (10)
  • Sawyerville (33)
  • Scotstown (19)
  • Stanhope (3)
  • Val Racine (1)
  • Stornoway (2)
  • Waterville (14)
  • Woburn (4)
  • Way's Mills (3)

It also includes a postcard album, consisting photographs and postcards, of soldiers from World War One (WWI), including Paulo Dubé, Walter Dubé, Evariste Rousseau.

Russell Brown photographs

The file consists of photographs likely taken by Russell Brown. It consists of photographs of the 50th anniversary service of Christ Church (1942, reproduction), lengthening of Westgate Street, awards ceremony of the Club de photos, East Angus police officers, Santuaire St-Joseph Notre-Dame-des-Bois, Marbleton church anniversary service, Festival du Pain (1995), Scottish festival in Gould (1995), and Domtar factory machinery.

Photographs

The file contains photographs, negatives and slides taken by the photo club of the Cultural Centre of East Angus from 1978 to 1987. It consists of photos of a parade in July 1978, the photo exhibition in 1983, landscape in and around East Angus, school and people.

Administrative documents

The file contains source material on the project of “J’ai Souvenir et Mémoire”, two photo exhibitions organized by the Cultural Centre of East Angus through its photo club in 1981 and 1983. It consists of grant applications, project reports, correspondence, public notices and newspaper articles on the project, letters patent of Cultural Centre of East Angus Inc. in 1975, forms used to collect photos from the public, work calendars, classification of the photos, member list of the photo club and an agreement transferring the collected photos to La Société d’Histoire et du Patrioine du Haut St-François in 1984. It also includes a newspaper article on a donation from the province in 1976.

Maps

The file contains information about heritage buildings in towns and municipalities in the Haut-St-François compiled around 1994. It consists of annotated maps with indications of buildings that date from 1790-1830, 1831-1900, 1901-1935. Maps of the following areas are included: Ascot Corner, Bishopton, Bury, Chartierville, Clifton, Cookshire, Ditton, Dudswell, East Angus, Eaton, Sawyerville, Fontainebleau, Hampden, La Patrie, Lingwick, Marbleton, Newport, Saint-Gérard, Saint-Isodore-d'Auckland, Saint-Malo, Scotstown, Weedon, and Westbury.

Results 1 to 30 of 915