The file contains source material on the town of Bury from 1952 to 1998. It consists of newspaper clippings on many aspects of Bury including its history and anniversaries, religion and churches, legion branch and the Bury Athletic Association. It also includes a history of the College of Alzon in Bury.
The file contains source material on churches and histories of Sherbrooke from 1890 to 1975. It consists of newspaper articles and documents on the first mass in Sherbrooke published in 1933, histories of the Congregational church by 1890, Anglican Church by 1948 and Presbyterian Church by 1975. It also includes a chronology of the Service of Gas and Electricity of Sherbrooke from 1902 to 1908, newspaper articles on the history of Sherbrooke based on a directory for the year 1876-1877 and a disastrous flood in Bromptonville in 1948.
The file contains source material on the Pope family, especially John Henry Pope and his son Rufus Henry Pope from 1844 to 1986. It consists mainly of family history, genealogical and biographical information, family trees, bibliography and photos. It also includes a record of coal land purchase by Rufus Henry Pope and correspondence with John A. MacDonald from John Henry Pope from 1881 to 1888 when he was the Minister of Agriculture and later Minister of Railways and Canals.
The file contains source material on churches in the diocese of Sherbrooke from 1950 to 1987. It consists of lists of churches, a list of wardens elected for 1950, a history of the diocese of Sherbrooke, a bibliography for the diocese and a reference list from Sherbrooke Daily Record.
The file contains source material on the church and parish of St-Louis de France in East Angus from 1924 to 1987. It consists of a souvenir album for the 75th anniversary of the parish and 25th anniversary of the priest Pierre Labrecque in 1965, a booklet for the 60th anniversary of the parish and 25th anniversary of the church in 1948, a history and report of the Church published in 1924, statistics of the parish in 1956 and 1957, newspaper articles on the church and parish, a record of the church building, architectural plans of the church and a notebook including biographical information.
The file contains source material on the seniors living in East Angus from 1948 to 1987. It consists of newspaper articles reporting individual elders, their lives and the facilities such as hospital and senior’s home for them. It also includes a speech from the Golden Age Club of East Angus in 1987.
The file contains source material on different kinds of sports in East Angus from 1895 to 1987. It consists mainly of newspaper articles reporting sport teams, individual players and games including hockey, softball, skiing, bowling from or in East Angus. It also includes a report of sports from the school of Louis-St-Laurent and information on the skiing club of East Angus.
The file contains source material on the recreation in East Angus from 1961 to 1987. It consists mainly of programmes of recreational activities in 1986 and 1987, a brief history of the Association of Hunting and Fishing of Haut-St-Francois, a newspaper article on the new East Angus library and a certificate to the Regional Board of Recreation of Estrie (Conseil Régional des Loisirs de L'Estrie) in approving its name change in 1961.
The file contains source material on the Church of Notre-Dame de la Garde in East Angus from 1959 to 1987. It consists of chronologies of the parish of Notre-Dame de la Garde from 1952 to 1978, newspaper articles on the parish and church, a poster of the 50th anniversary of the Convent of Notre-Dame de la Garde in 1959, document on a church blessing in 1961 and a letter from the priest for the 75th anniversary of East Angus in 1987.
The file contains source material on the architecture in Compton County in 1982. It consists of inventories and studies of architectures and other historical heritages in Compton County published by the Quebec Ministry of Cultural Affairs in 1982. It also includes a letter from Parks Canada calling for voluntary contributions in recording the architectural heritage in Canada.
The file contains newspaper articles collected for research from 1884 to 1987. It consists of newspapers of Le Haut-St-François in October and November 1987, the Journal of Compton in 1965 and 1966, La Nouvelle in 1976 and other newspaper clippings for the history of East Angus and announcements in newspapers of birth, marriage and death in East Angus.
The file contains source material on the Chamber of Commerce (Trade of Board) of East Angus and a few other documents on East Angus’s economy and business from 1940s to 1980s. It consists mainly of newspaper articles on the activities of the Chamber of Commerce, correspondence requesting a system of express delivery from Canadian Pacific Express Company and reuse of the Royal Theatre building, documents on the development of transportation and Hotel Commercial in East Angus. It also includes 2 photographs of the members of the Chamber of Commerce and a report concerning the repair of Route 1 via East Angus by the regional chamber of commerce in 1963.
The file contains source material on the musician Bertrand Gosselin from East Angus from 1981 to 1986. It consists of a curriculum vitae of Bertrand Gosselin, his letters and speeches, newspaper articles on his albums and performance and two photos of Bertrand Gosselin.
The file contains source material on the activities of the school board of East Angus (Commission Scolaire La Sapinière d’East Angus) from 1923 to 1986. It consists of documents recording the activities of the school board, the council of commissioners and the executive committee in chronological order.
The file contains source material on the council of East Angus from 1912 to 1963. It consists of newspaper articles on the council’s activities from 1915 to 1963 and a notebook recording the members of the council and committees of East Angus from 1912 to 1962.
The file contains source material on anniversaries of East Angus in 1948 and 1962. It consists of newspaper articles and programmes on celebrations of the 60th anniversary and a special issue of La Tribune on East Angus (1888-1948).
The series contain source material on the activities of the Cultural Centre of East Angus from 1978 to 1987. It consists mainly of documents on the project “J’ai Souvenir et Mémoire” from 1980 to 1983 and photographs taken by the photo club of the Cultural Centre from 1978 to 1987. The series is comprised of the following files: Administrative documents (1980-1983), Guest book of photo exhibitions (1981 and 1983) and photographs (1978-1987).
The series contains source material collected or produced by the Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François for research purpose. It consists of 75 files (more expected) under a variety of research subjects including tourism, cultural and architectural heritage, railway, history of townships and settlement, churches and religions, biographical information and other topics.