Showing 7159 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

5559 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Interview with Arthur Speid, part A

Item is the first part of a recorded conversation with Arthur T. Speid with Dr. J.D. Jefferis, Arnold Banfill, and Arthur Motyer, recorded 19 February 1966 in Lennoxville. The interview focuses on Arthur Speid's experiences as a student at Bishop's College School and Bishop's University in the 1890s. Among the subjects covered are the campus buildings, food strikes, the golf course (links), athletics, drama, school subjects, women at Bishop's, and various professors, principals, and headmasters including Henry de Beltgens Gibbins, Thomas B. Waitt, James P. Whitney, Francis J.B. Allnatt, Richard A. Parrock, Gilbert B. Jones, Arthur H. McGreer, and Robert N. Hudspeth. It also includes more general discussion of Lennoxville.

Odanak Plaque

Item is a photograph of a plaque about Odanak’s 300th anniversary of Sokokis and the Abenakis setteling in Odanak, around 1660. The plaque is trilingual: English, French and the local language.

Célébration des fêtes du centenaire de Coaticook

Célébration des fêtes du centenaire de Coaticook, devant le couvent, rue St-Jacques Nord. On reconnait, pas dans l'ordre : André Lavoie, Suzanne Durocher, Arthur Lahaie, Rolland Chartier, Arsène Lemieux, Joseph Durocher, Antonio Daigle, Édouard Lavoie, Fr. Didier, Léger Cameron, Georges Vaillancourt, Hubert Rousseau, René Jean-Marie, Stanislas Dupuis, A. Veillette, Wilfrid Vincent, l'abbé Loiselle, ? Ross, Adrien Valade

Avila Cayer

La pièce est une photographie commémorant le service d'Avila Cayer pendant la Seconde Guerre mondiale, comprenant une photographie d'Avila Cayer en uniforme et ses médailles.

Covered Bridges of the Eastern Townships documentary

Item is a documentary project researched and produced by Barbara Verity and narrated by Joyce Cochrane on covered bridges in the Eastern Townships, produced around 1977. Included in the documentary are images of the covered bridges at Fitch Bay (Narrows), Milby, Capelton, Coaticook (Drouin), Stanbridge East (Monaghan), Melbourne (Creek/Gibson), Highwater (Province Hill/de la Frontière), Gould (Fisher Hill/McVetty-McKenzie), Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley (Rexford), Cowansville (Freeport), Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge (Pike River/des Rivières), and Island Brook (McDermott).

View of Lennoxville from Bishop's University campus

Item is a photograph, taken from the McGreer Building on Bishop's University campus, of Lennoxville from about 1900. Visible is the covered bridge over the Massawippi River on College Street, part of the front lawn and driveway for the University and includes a view of the first Saint-Antoine Catholic Church and the steeples of the Lennoxville Methodist Church and St. George's Anglican Church.

Results 151 to 180 of 7159