Showing 1294 results

Archival description
Barnston, Township of
Print preview View:

331 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

History

Series illustrates the history of the activities, employees, and production at the Canadian Celanese in Coaticook from he 1940s to the 1980s. It consists of photographs (largely reproduced) and scrapbooks. The series is composed of the following files: Photo albums (reproductions), Photo albums (originals), Other photographs, and General documents.

Harold Baldwin and Family

The item is a photograph of Harold F. Baldwin with his children (Ruby M., W. Keith, Elvyn M., Eunice R., Alice L., H. Richard and Lester S.) in bathing suits (swimwear) at Lake Lyster, with Mount Pinacle visible in the background, taken around 1936.

Collection Lucie Gaudreau

  • CA SHC C010
  • Collection
  • 1890, [192-?]-1982

Collection presents some of the commercial history of Coaticook and St-Edwidge-de-Clifton from 1890 to 1982. It consists of a plan for the complexe polyvalent (Albert l’Heureux and Mgr Durand schools) dated 1968 and photographs showing the following:

  1. Ste-Edwige general store and Roland Favreau, ca. 1970
  2. Robitaille Automobiles Coaticook Inc. (previously Garage Bachand Dionne), ca. 1960
  3. Coaticook parade, two men on horses in front of Garage Bachand Dionne, ca. 1940
  4. Bachand store employees, ca. 1955
  5. 8 photos, Canadian Celanese employees, 1974-1978
  6. Joseph Audet Jr., grocery store, Child Street, 1890
  7. Line of Canada `67 trucks
  8. Sports ’72 trailer truck, Department of Health and Well-being
  9. Salle des Érables, 1973
  10. Labourers, Grand Trunk train cars in background, probably around 1920.
  11. Group of unidentified employees outside at Domaine Howard in Sherbrooke, 1981-1982

Collection Madeleine Drolet

  • CA SHC C017
  • Collection
  • 1891-1968

Collection largely pertains to the Collège du Sacré-Coeur in Coaticook and related organizations from 1891 to 1968. It consists primarly of photographs, programmes, and minutes. The collection is composed of the following series: Zouaves pontificaux; L’Amicale du Sacré-Cœur of Coaticook; Académie commerciale, Collège du Sacré-Cœur, Coaticook; Community life; and Religious life.

History of Coaticook and region

File contains information on the general history of Coaticook and surrounding region from 1888 to 2003. It consists of a charter for the Town of Coaticook (1888), a programme and souvenir book for Old Home Week (1914), a typed copy of “The Early History of Coaticook from its foundation to 1902” by B.N. Robinson and annotated by Mgr Prosper Durand (1993), historical articles by Romauld Dumond (1964), a description of the Exchange Censeau-Coaticook project ([1972?]), and an article by Ivy Hatch titled “History of the N-word River” (2003).

Mary Canfield Masten

Item is a portrait photograph of Mary Maude Alta (née Canfield) Masten, in Coaticook from around 1880. Photographer: M.D. Kilburn (Coaticook, Que.).

George L. Masten

Item is a portrait photograph of George Lyman Masten, school principal, in Coaticook from around 1880. Photographer: M.D. Kilburn (Coaticook, Que.).

Officers of the Main Guard

The item is a photograph postcard showing soldiers of the "Main Guard", possibly in Coaticook, ca. 1910, with tents visible in the background and one officer is holding a bugle. Message on verso to Ruth Dyson (Montreal, QC) from Roy [unknown], who identified himself as a Corporal in the photograph. Photographer: J.E. Larivi�re (Coaticook, Que.)

Covered Bridges of the Eastern Townships documentary

Item is a documentary project researched and produced by Barbara Verity and narrated by Joyce Cochrane on covered bridges in the Eastern Townships, produced around 1977. Included in the documentary are images of the covered bridges at Fitch Bay (Narrows), Milby, Capelton, Coaticook (Drouin), Stanbridge East (Monaghan), Melbourne (Creek/Gibson), Highwater (Province Hill/de la Frontière), Gould (Fisher Hill/McVetty-McKenzie), Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley (Rexford), Cowansville (Freeport), Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge (Pike River/des Rivières), and Island Brook (McDermott).

Fonds Fabrique Saint-Luc de Coaticook

  • CA CAMAR FP081
  • Fonds
  • 1914 - 2009

Ce fonds nous renseigne sur la fondation, le patrimoine et l'histoire de la paroisse, sur le développement de son territoire et sa fermeture. Il témoigne de l'érection de chemins de croix et d'associations pieuses ainsi que des célébrations de ses 25e et 50e anniversaires. Le fonds fournit également de l'information sur la gestion administrative et financière de la paroisse ainsi que sur l'achat, la vente, la construction, la rénovation et l'entretien de ses biens immeubles. Il se compose de requêtes, décrets, correspondance, procès-verbaux, documents financiers, rapports, contrats, textes, coupures de presse et plans. On y retrouve aussi une fiche d'inventaire de l'église. Des photographies, feuillets paroissiaux, documents relatifs à la nomination des pasteurs et du personnel laïc ainsi que des albums-souvenirs complètent ce fonds.

Fabrique Saint-Luc de Coaticook

Results 1 to 30 of 1294