Photographs

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Photographs

Equivalent terms

Photographs

Associated terms

Photographs

843 Archival description results for Photographs

843 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Old Plant

Item is a photograph of the the first National Thread plant located on Laurier Ave., Sherbrooke, before the company opened a new one on 10th avenue in 1952.

Signing of the union contract

Item is a photograph of the signing of collective convention with the local 1506 of l'union des ouvriers du Textile d'Amérique. Left to right: Gilles Courchesne, president of the local, Freeman Clowery, Secretary-Treasurer and Robert Dean, manager of the joint council of the Eastern Townships of the UOTA.

Clowery at the Assemblée Nationale

Item is a picture of Freeman Clowery and his wife with dignitaries at an unkown event. From left to right: André Beaulieu, director general of communications at l'Assemblé national; Ginette Bégin, assistant to Mr. Beaulieu; André Coté, daughter of the Lt. Governor; Frances (Martin) Clowery; Freeman Clowery; Marie-Josée Richard, wife of Mr. Richard; L'Hon. Jean Pierre Coté, Lt. Governor; L'Hon. Clément Richard, President of the Assemblée nationale and Jean Deschamps, associate secretary general of the executive council.

F. Winfield Hackett and Eva (Ryan) Hackett with children

The item is a photograph of F. Winfield Hackett and Eva (née Ryan) Hackett with children in October 1943. Pictured are: (back, L-R) F. Winfield, M. Cora, Michael W., Eva Rose, John S., F. Ryan, (front, L-R) K. Ann, F. Winfield, H. Sybil, and Eva Ryan Hackett.

David and Ruth Hackett

The item is a photograph of John David and Julia Alice or Ruth Rose Hackett as children, from around the late 1920s.

Gibbs Home in Sherbrooke

Photograph of a large group of people in semi-formal dress in front of the Gibbs Home in Sherbrooke. Banner reads: 'Gibbs Club Sherbrooke (Church of England) Patrons King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Long May They Reign'. Probably taken on the occasion of the visit of the King and Queen to Sherbrooke on June 12, 1939.

Saint-Claude Richemont [sic] Fondé en 1890.

Photomontage of the clergy of Richmond since 1890. They are identified as: Mgr. Antoine Racine; Mgr. Paul-Stanislas Larocque; Mgr. Alphonse-Osias Gagnon; Mgr. Hubert-Olivier Chalifoux; Frederick-Patrick Dignan; Mgr. Joseph-Alfred-Élie Dufresne; A.-J. Perrin; Mgr. Olivier-Zacharie Letendre; Joseph-Louis-Arthur Coté; Mgr. Marie-Joseph-Hermann Morin. Also included is a photograph of a house probably the presbytery, and the church of Saint Claude in 1910.

Wedding on a Parade Float

Item a July 1st (Canada Day) parade float organized by the Wesley United Church from around the 1950s. Included are: Dave Grieve, Dol (Searles) Wilson, Harry Searles, (back) Hazel Laberee, (back), Richard Eryou, (front) Pat Taylor, (front) Marlene (Rediker) Sutton, (front) Della (Rediker) Goodsell, (front) Frances Grieve (Sutherland), (back) Mary Lees, (front) Irene Rediker, (back) Shirley (Hunter) Grieve, (front) unknown Carbonneau, (back) Janice (Denney) Sommerville, (back) Bob Denney, (back) Arlene Ewan, (front) Larry Meyette, (front) Reg Meyette, (front) Myrnie Nutbrown, (front) Ronald Ewan.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, including the Methodists, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Results 61 to 90 of 843