Photographs

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Photographs

Equivalent terms

Photographs

Associated terms

Photographs

843 Archival description results for Photographs

843 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, including the Methodists, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Clowery at the Assemblée Nationale

Item is a picture of Freeman Clowery and his wife with dignitaries at an unkown event. From left to right: André Beaulieu, director general of communications at l'Assemblé national; Ginette Bégin, assistant to Mr. Beaulieu; André Coté, daughter of the Lt. Governor; Frances (Martin) Clowery; Freeman Clowery; Marie-Josée Richard, wife of Mr. Richard; L'Hon. Jean Pierre Coté, Lt. Governor; L'Hon. Clément Richard, President of the Assemblée nationale and Jean Deschamps, associate secretary general of the executive council.

Signing of the union contract

Item is a photograph of the signing of collective convention with the local 1506 of l'union des ouvriers du Textile d'Amérique. Left to right: Gilles Courchesne, president of the local, Freeman Clowery, Secretary-Treasurer and Robert Dean, manager of the joint council of the Eastern Townships of the UOTA.

Ladies of the Tomifobia W.I.

The item is a photograph of members of the Tomifobia Women's Institute, pictured holding refreshments in glass bottles, probably taken in the 1950s. Pictured are (seated, l-r) Jessie (née McIntyre) Soutiere, Lyn Bolduc, Olive (née Ticehurst) Emslie, (standing, l-r) Mildred (née Brown) Rever, Eva (née Hastings) Hibbard, and Eula Mosher.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Wedding on a Parade Float

Item a July 1st (Canada Day) parade float organized by the Wesley United Church from around the 1950s. Included are: Dave Grieve, Dol (Searles) Wilson, Harry Searles, (back) Hazel Laberee, (back), Richard Eryou, (front) Pat Taylor, (front) Marlene (Rediker) Sutton, (front) Della (Rediker) Goodsell, (front) Frances Grieve (Sutherland), (back) Mary Lees, (front) Irene Rediker, (back) Shirley (Hunter) Grieve, (front) unknown Carbonneau, (back) Janice (Denney) Sommerville, (back) Bob Denney, (back) Arlene Ewan, (front) Larry Meyette, (front) Reg Meyette, (front) Myrnie Nutbrown, (front) Ronald Ewan.

East Angus High School Grade 3 & 4

East Angus High School grades 3 & 4, 1949-1950: Front row: Meryle Labonte, Dorothy Knapp, Marilyn Robertson, Cathleen Early, Charlotte Knapp. Middle row: Allan Haddad, Beverley Barratt, Joan Main, Sylvia Aulis, Ann Damon, Audrey Knapp, Doreen Moore. Back row: Brian Morse, Grant Gray, Tim Davis, David Cillis, Stanley Locke. Teacher: Miss Lowry.

East Angus High School hockey team

The item is a photograph of the East Angus High School hockey team from around 1949, when the team was the Compton County champions. Those pictured are:
Front row from left: Graydon Main, Carl Bjerklund, Gordon Robertson, Tim Davis
Back row from left: David Gregory, Buddy Hughes, Dale Webb, Doug Bell, Bob Davis, Jim Fearnley

East Angus Brownies

East Angus Brownie Troop, 1949-1950: Front row: June Therrien, Carol Clifford, Meryle Labonte, Charlotte Knapp, Dorothy Knapp. Middle row: Mary Lou Davis, Beverley Kinnear, Oleta ?, Cathleen Early, Josie ?. Back row: Holly Clout (leader), Marilyn Robertson, Ann Damon. Leaders: Holly Clout, Joan McLaughlin.

Results 1 to 30 of 843