Religion

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Religion

Associated terms

Religion

989 Archival description results for Religion

853 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC004
  • Fonds
  • 1897-2021; predominant 1971-2021

The fonds contains source material on the amalgamation of Plymouth United Church and Trinity United Church in 1971, on the management of the church, on the congregation affairs, and on the activities of its organizations and societies for the Plymouth-Trinity United Church in Sherbrooke from 1933 to 2021. It consists of minutes, correspondence, reports, newsletters, financial statements, plans, register of Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths, membership lists, press clippings, church histories, photographs and video tapes. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1933-2017), Buildings and Property (1971-1989, 1995-2001), Financial (1971-1990, 2010), Annual Reports (1972-2018, 2020-2021), Guest Books (1975), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1965-1987), Bulletins (1972-2015), Sermons (1975-1976, 1984, 1988), Membership (1972-1987), Historical (1985, 2009-2015), Newsletters (1971-2020), Organizations (1971-1994, 2015), Committees (1971-2019), Prints, Paintings, Drawings (1986), Sound Recordings and Moving Images (1985-1991), Photographs (1897-[198-?]), and Miscellaneous (1987-1989).

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke, Que.)

Fonds Elmwood Cemetery Inc. fonds

  • CA ETRC P247
  • Fonds
  • 1890-2018

The fonds contains information on the operation and management of Elmwood Cemetery Inc. in Sherbrooke from 1890 to 2018. It consists primarily of correspondence, minutes, financial statements, ledgers, and plans. The fonds is comprised of the following series: History and constituent documents (1890-1923, 1978-2018), Administration (1890-2005), Cemetery management (1890-2005), Legislation ([1895], 1960-1966, 2004).

Histories of other parishes and towns

The file contains source material on histories of parishes, churches and towns, which are not included into other files. It consists of a history of chapel Bethlehem and father Jerome in Ditton, a history of the town Victoria, Clifton and East Angus, a record of Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix parish from 1919 to 1923, biographical sketches of parish Sainte-Marguerite-de-Lingwick, Saint-Raymond-de-Pennafort, Sainte-Martin-de-Martinville, Sainte-Famille-de-Newport and Saint-Mathias and a history of land grant in Ascot and Orford.

Religion

The file contains a compiled research document on religion in the history of Eastern Townships. It consists of the following documents: The Bishop’s Connection: College Missions and the Brotherhood of Layreaders, Reverend John Dalziel’s Experience in Cookshire, Thomas Shaw Chapman and United Churches in the Eastern Townships.

Other historical research documents

The file contains source material on historical research of various subjects from 1967 to 1969. It consists of the following research documents: Au Township D’Eaton, Notre-Dame-du-Saint-Rosaire de Sawyerville, Messire A. E. Dufresne et Les Anglo-Protestants, La Mine de Chesham, Avenement des Chemins de Fer dans Les Townships, Quelques Sources de Renseignements en Histoire Regionale et en Genealogie.

Preservation of architectural heritage

The file contains source material on the preservation of architectural heritage in Eastern Townships from 1988 to 1997. It consists of a guide on preservation of traditional buildings, a copy of a law on heritage protection (Loi sur les biens culturels) in 1989, an application form requesting protection of heritage properties, newspaper articles on the restoration and demolition of churches and two documents on the competition for an award in preserving architectural heritage (3e Concours de Plaque de Gratification) in Estrie.

Island Brook Church

The file contains source material on the sale of the Island Brook (Anglican?) Church in 1995 and 1996. It consists of meeting minutes on the sale of the church in 1995, the price list, the sale contract between Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François and Quebec Inc. and correspondence on the sale of church and its future reuse in 1996.

Sherbrooke

The file contains source material on churches and histories of Sherbrooke from 1890 to 1975. It consists of newspaper articles and documents on the first mass in Sherbrooke published in 1933, histories of the Congregational church by 1890, Anglican Church by 1948 and Presbyterian Church by 1975. It also includes a chronology of the Service of Gas and Electricity of Sherbrooke from 1902 to 1908, newspaper articles on the history of Sherbrooke based on a directory for the year 1876-1877 and a disastrous flood in Bromptonville in 1948.

Initiation of the Daughters of Isabella 1966

Régent : Mrs. Lucia Fortin Berthe Phaneuf, Claudette Bégin, Lucia Fortin, Mme Simone Jacques, Françoise Reid, Mme Richmond Nadeau, Réjeanne Mailhot, Mariette Roberge, Liliane Bourque, Jeannine Bibeau, Cécile Thompson, Yvonne Beaudry, Jeannette Pratte, Marcelle Lachance, Blanche Dugal, Mariette Drouin, Rita St-Hilaire, Fernande Dugal, Mrs. Bissonnette, Mrs. Florient Phaneuf, Mrs. Marie-Ange Nadeau, Desneiges Roberge, Malvina Girouard, Antonine Roy, Cécile Martineau, Lise Guay, Bertha Lowe, Jeanne-Mance Tétreault, Clara Gosselin, Gloriette Bégin, Alice Galipeau, Normande Dugal, Janette Moore, Rita Ménard, Gaétan Roy, Madeleine Robert, Carmen Ménard

Presentation of Certificates of 15 Years Lacordaire and Jeanne D'Arc

From left to right 1st row: Mrs. Yvan Savaria, Mrs. Damase De Montigny, Mrs. Simone Lafontaine, Mr. Thomas Hallé, Mr. Le Chamoine Pierre Labrecque (parish priest), Mr. Wilfrid Lavigne, Mr. Omer Bergeron, Mr. Odilon Fournier, Mr. Adolphe Trépanier ; 2nd row: Mrs. Rosario Bernier, Mrs. Omer Bergeron, Mrs. Gérard Bergeron, Mrs. Wilfrid Lavigne, Mrs. Josaphat Bibeau, Mrs. Valmore Landreville, Mrs. Irénée Bourque, Mrs. Donat Couolombe, Mr. Donat Coulome, Mr. Irénée Bourque, Mr. Roland Tessier , Mr. Lucien Gosslin

Mouvement Lacordaire (1940-1945)

From left to right 1st row : Ms. Georges Godbout, Mme Rita St-Hilaire, Mr. le Curé Pierre Labrecque, Mr. Anoine Dugal, Mr. Lucien Olivier;
2nd row : Miss Simone Groleau, Ms. Adolphe Trépanier, Ms. Polycarpe Pépin, Ms. Philippe Ramsay, Mr. Bernard Palmer, Mr. Egide Thériault, Mr. Thomas Hallé, Mr. Yvan Savaria, Mr. André St-Hilaire

Results 1 to 30 of 989