Sherbrooke, County of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Sherbrooke, County of

BT Quebec

Equivalent terms

Sherbrooke, County of

Associated terms

Sherbrooke, County of

1522 Archival description results for Sherbrooke, County of

20 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

John Bird's house

This item is a photograph of John Bird's house at the top of Church street. There is the spire of the old Catholic church and the spire of United Church located at the foot of Church street. Bishop's University is in the background.

National Thread

The file contains information on National Thread in Sherbrooke from 1941 to 1971. It consists of newspaper clippings; correspondence; small artifacts such as pins and a men's jewelry set including cufflinks and a tie clip.

Sherbrooke Snow Shoe Club fonds

  • CA ETRC P150
  • Fonds
  • 1877-2004

The fonds contains source material on the constitution, administration, events, activities and membership of the Sherbrooke Snow Shoe Club from 1877 to 2004. It consists of constitution, by-laws, minutes, financial and accounting records, correspondence, membership records, news clippings, programs, songs and poems. Most of the material mentioned above is contained in the minute books for the first 84 years. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Administration (1877-2004), Events and Activities (1893-2004), Membership (1877-1969), and Miscellaneous Documents (1879-1994), Artefacts (1913-1993), Photographs ([188-?]-1996).

Sherbrooke Snow Shoe Club (Sherbrooke, Que.)

Ned Henry and Arthur Speid

This item is a photograph of Ned Henry and Arthur Speid in Crestmobile in front of George Henry's Shop in the Square in Lennoxville during the summer of 1902.

Toboggan club

This item is a photograph of the Toboggan Club in 1885. Back row: Charles White; Caroline Abbott White; missing; Margaret Abbott. Centre: Mary Abbott McKindsey (in fur neckpiece); Arthur Abbott. To left of her, Mabel Wilder Puffer (hat with tassel)/ Mr. Puffer, 3nd from left, front.

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC004
  • Fonds
  • 1897-2021; predominant 1971-2021

The fonds contains source material on the amalgamation of Plymouth United Church and Trinity United Church in 1971, on the management of the church, on the congregation affairs, and on the activities of its organizations and societies for the Plymouth-Trinity United Church in Sherbrooke from 1933 to 2021. It consists of minutes, correspondence, reports, newsletters, financial statements, plans, register of Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths, membership lists, press clippings, church histories, photographs and video tapes. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1933-2017), Buildings and Property (1971-1989, 1995-2001), Financial (1971-1990, 2010), Annual Reports (1972-2018, 2020-2021), Guest Books (1975), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1965-1987), Bulletins (1972-2015), Sermons (1975-1976, 1984, 1988), Membership (1972-1987), Historical (1985, 2009-2015, 2022), Newsletters (1971-2020), Organizations (1971-1994, 2015), Committees (1971-2019), Prints, Paintings, Drawings (1986), Sound Recordings and Moving Images (1985-1991), Photographs (1897-[198-?]), and Miscellaneous (1987-1989).

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke, Que.)

Interview with Teddy Green

Item is an interview of Edward "Teddy" Green about his experience working at the Eustis copper mines by W. Gillies Ross in October 1965. Included in the interview are the subjects of mining accidents, working conditions, mining methods, use of communication in the mines, entertainment and leisure, WWI and marriage, and Black people from North Carolina working in the mines.

Green, Edward Colston (1895-1972)

Interview with Arthur Speid, part A

Item is the first part of a recorded conversation with Arthur T. Speid with Dr. J.D. Jefferis, Arnold Banfill, and Arthur Motyer, recorded 19 February 1966 in Lennoxville. The interview focuses on Arthur Speid's experiences as a student at Bishop's College School and Bishop's University in the 1890s. Among the subjects covered are the campus buildings, food strikes, the golf course (links), athletics, drama, school subjects, women at Bishop's, and various professors, principals, and headmasters including Henry de Beltgens Gibbins, Thomas B. Waitt, James P. Whitney, Francis J.B. Allnatt, Richard A. Parrock, Gilbert B. Jones, Arthur H. McGreer, and Robert N. Hudspeth. It also includes more general discussion of Lennoxville.

Covered Bridges of the Eastern Townships documentary

Item is a documentary project researched and produced by Barbara Verity and narrated by Joyce Cochrane on covered bridges in the Eastern Townships, produced around 1977. Included in the documentary are images of the covered bridges at Fitch Bay (Narrows), Milby, Capelton, Coaticook (Drouin), Stanbridge East (Monaghan), Melbourne (Creek/Gibson), Highwater (Province Hill/de la Frontière), Gould (Fisher Hill/McVetty-McKenzie), Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley (Rexford), Cowansville (Freeport), Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge (Pike River/des Rivières), and Island Brook (McDermott).

View of Lennoxville from Bishop's University campus

Item is a photograph, taken from the McGreer Building on Bishop's University campus, of Lennoxville from about 1900. Visible is the covered bridge over the Massawippi River on College Street, part of the front lawn and driveway for the University and includes a view of the first Saint-Antoine Catholic Church and the steeples of the Lennoxville Methodist Church and St. George's Anglican Church.

Results 1 to 30 of 1522