Fonds P140 - Sherbrooke Winter Club fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Sherbrooke Winter Club fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper:

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ETRC P140

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1931-1948 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

11 textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Sherbrooke Winter Club was incorporated on 6 February 1933 for the purpose of recreation, amusement and skating. At the beginning the Club was a place where to skate around the rink, but after a few years it also became a place where figure skating lessons were offered. The season usually began in November and ended in April. In the early 1940's, the first professor was hired. The Club also organized other activities such as the annual carnival, the weekly tea, the newsletter ("The Winter Club Weekly"). The Carnival was the annual competition where skaters of the Club and skaters of the Montreal Winter Club performed. Every year, it was held at the end of March-begin of April. Members were anglophones and francophones. The Club was disbanded in September 1978.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains source material on the constitution and the tea committee of the Sherbrooke Winter Club from 1931 to 1948. It consists of the letters patents and the tea committee file. The fonds is comprised of the following two series: Administration (1931-1933), Committees (1944-1948).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No more accruals are expected.

General note

Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were donated in 2002 by Marguerite Cotton.
The documents are in English.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

28 janvier, 2016

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres